2010 owners

hey guy's, just weighing my options for my next bike and I want to hear from RMZ riders who have ridden 09 RMZ's and now own 2010's. I rode 08 and 09 RMZ's and planned on getting a new 10 but when they were delayed I went orange (2010 SXF 450) and really like the bike. There have been a few issues, but overall the suspension and handling have been great.

My question is - do you think the RMZ '10 is better than the 09 or is it really not much of an improvement? I have a connection to get a new '10 for cheap and any feedback would be great.

I'd like to know what you think about the SXF, what issues are you having. I've heard great power but don't handle. I've had excellent luck with an 08 rmz 450 and am thinking about a 2010, but also waiting for feed back on the Yamahas and the ktms.

the only issue I've had with the KTM is that I had to replace the piston and rings due to sand getting through the air filter. I really like the handling and the suspension is very plush. I've ridden the new YZF's and didn't care for the the handling. A buddy has one and says it's great when the track is smooth, but when it gets rough it becomes a handful (and that's after a re'valve). He's getting a 2011 KTM 450.

I bought an 10 from my buddy who hurt his leg. he put one ride on it, sent the suspension to FC and had a B kit put in it. I came from a 250f, so a comparison to 09-08 RMZ's isn't possible. For what it's worth though, it's the best handling and turning bike i've ever riden. I've always been a Honda guy, but when I rode an 09 CRF450's I didn't like them at all. The RMZ is the kind of bike that you can hop on and immediately feel comfortable . The power is smooth and super manageable.

Thanks for the input, I found a shop that will let you test ride a bike on a track before you buy so I think between friends bikes and the test rides I'll get it figured out. Much of a lead time if you have get parts for the KTM? The big 4 you can get parts for just about anywhere.