Who's good at Rebuilding Cranks?

No damage that I know of but I'm still debating how I want to build this engine. I'm leaning toward 13:1 on comp and I'm thinking that won't be a good idea on a decade old stock rod/crank. I haven't had to rebuild a crank since I was building 2-strokes.

http://www.mrcrankshaft.com/

I really wanna learn how to do it myself, but the jig/truing stands are overly expensive

I was thinking the same thing as I've done lot of machine work. I read an article last night that showed how to do it with a crude homemade stand, a dial indicator and a set of calipers. Temping but I could see how I could easily waste too much time trying to get things right.

When's the last time you used mrcrankshaft? I saw them on the web too.

ask around some of the local shops. I just had a 2 stroke crank done for 60 bucks and I supplied the new rod and bearings. This guy has been doing them for years and all the local racers use him. I won't complain about 60 bucks.

ask around some of the local shops. I just had a 2 stroke crank done for 60 bucks and I supplied the new rod and bearings. This guy has been doing them for years and all the local racers use him. I won't complain about 60 bucks.

Yeah, I wouldn't complain about that price either.:banana:

The only time that I ever pressed a crank, was on my '69 SL90. This was back when I had no money and after all... it was already broke.:eek:

It worked, but it took me three tries to get the alignment right (used a vise for press). I can afford to have it done with the proper tools now and for $60, that sounds good!

Perc