Ok not a Dirt bike thread but I have complain about my Golf cart somwhere

About 6 months ago my wife traded her TRX450 q uad for a lifted Yamaha Golf cart so she could ride slower with our younger daughter. I didnt know anything about the laws in regards to registering golf carts or even if you had to. I am fortunate to live in a town where I can ride my dirt bike out my front door so driving around the hills and fields with or with out registration was never an issue. My bikes are all currently registered. Well this week we were planning a trip to Pismo dunes and I called the Rangers to find out if the the Golf cart needed registration aka green sticker. It does need one. So I tried to find the VIN so I could register it at the DMV. Low and Behold The VIN tag has been removed. I cant find it stamped into the frame anywhere. So it is now possible that this was stolen. I have no way of tracking it.

I am so pissed cause with out my wifes ride there is probably no Pismo trip. I dont know what to do with it. I called the police to find out what my options were and they suggested I call the manufacturer to see if they have hidden the VIN anywhere else. I dont remember the names or the numbers of the people I got it from. I would hate to lose it but it sucks I cant take it to any OHV areas.

I thought about buying another frame or a non running golfcart of similar years and transferring all my parts into that frame. Assuming I can find a frame.

From what I can tell the cart is a mid 90s G9 gasoline powered. I did find a mid to early 80s G1 for 150 bucks in my local craigslist. I thought about using that frame if it is even remotely close or at least part of the frame.

From what I can tell the cart is a mid 90s G9 gasoline powered. I did find a mid to early 80s G1 for 150 bucks in my local craigslist. I thought about using that frame if it is even remotely close or at least part of the frame.

do it

i would call yamaha and ask about a hidden vin like you said... only thing i can think of sry not much help

Unfortunately hidden VINs are only shared with Law Enforcement. I suggest either calling or writing to the manufacturer and explaining your blight. Usually only the last 6 numbers in a vin are different from vehicle to vehicle in a model line. These 6 numbers are often stamped in other locations on the vehicle and or the engine. It may have a different engine number that also may be traceable. Before you go Changing everything check with the manufacturer and see if there is another way of verifying the legal status of the cart. If there is call your local P.D. and tell them you want to buy this vehicle and ask if they can run the numbers for you. If it is hot, you know what to do. If not use this info to get your green sticker and enjoy Pismo. Good luck! RB