anyone been to Coal Creek ohv or H/M BearWallow

If anyone has been to Coal Creek OHV or the Hatfield Mccoy Bear Wallow trail how was it? We are looking for something rough and difficult. Not interested in riding fire roads in 5th gear. Let me know if there has been any other place that might fit into my description of what we are wanting to ride. Thanks.

Ask MtnMan, He's been there.....ole Bob's been everywhere. ­čśĆ

goose what are you still doing here? i thought you traded the blue dragon for a moped:busted:

greg your not gonna like coal creek very much,it used to be awesome but they've really screwed it up for bikes the last couple yrs,setting it up for 4x4's and quads. get up to the north section its still pretty good (unless they've dozed that too) you get there by either riding north up the main gravel rd to where it crosses a paved rd or turn right at the paved rd right before the PL and you can drive up there its around 4-5 miles up that rd but you might want to ask a local anyhow thats the north end of coal creek,theres lots of awesome 2 track but no real singletrack if its really wet there (which it seems as though it might be) its REALLY challenging.

brimstone would be better,they have cabins and about 30 miles of awesome singletrack and hundreds of miles of 2 track. its up 75 north of knoxville to hgwy 69 then about 10-15 miles west into a small town,the office is an old gas station on the left.

if ya wanna pick me up on the way i'll show ya around,all my transportation is MIA

Is the stroker back in action, mtnman?

How 'bout you show up to one of the next 3 races and (try to) give me some competition? I'll be running the noon race after that.

started it up for the 1st time yesterday,its got even more bottom end pull now:thumbsup:

kinda glad greg never got back with me,i rode for 4 hrs yesterday after not riding for 2 months;i can barely move this morning:busted:

i'm not sure if i can make the race next sunday but will definately be back for brushy in sept:thumbsup:

i'm thinking about going to the mornings myself,instead of being stuck in traffic might actually be able to ride:thumbsup:

glad to see you came to your senses goose, fixed it my a$$....you can't call painting it silver fixing anything:p

Coal Creek was a blast. The place is gigantic. You need to know where you are and where to go. Most of the stuff is jeep trail wide with rocks and boulders everywhere. There were some of the gnarliest, rockiest trails I have seen. We found some hill climbs that we couldnt make it to the top. One climb was at least 3/4 mile long and we couldnt see the top. The north side of the mtn is where the single track was. This place makes Brown Mtn look like a paved smooth highway. If you like rough rocky extreme stuff then you will love it there. We put in 70 miles on Saturday in just over 6hrs ride time and 58 miles on Sunday in just over 4 hrs. The place is technical.