JD Jetting Kits? Feedback on them for 2008 and Previous CRF 450s

Good Morning,

Anyone have any experience with a JD Jetting kit?

I'm looking at getting one after I freshen my motor with a new piston.

Worth the bucks? Is there alot to be had from changing from the stock jetting or are the gains minimal?

I realize I can't expect to a huge increase in power, but if it cleans up the jettnig and makes it crisper that would be worth it to me.

Thanks.

Kent.P

I put one on my 05 and it made a night and day difference in throttle response and overall power. I highly recommend them.

I had one for my 04 then took it off and sold it. At the time I was racing a lot and looking for the most performance. But I decided I really just needed to twist the throttle harder and longer. My bikes are stock now except for suspension and comfort items (bars, foot pegs).

I had one for my 04 then took it off and sold it. At the time I was racing a lot and looking for the most performance. But I decided I really just needed to twist the throttle harder and longer. My bikes are stock now except for suspension and comfort items (bars, foot pegs).

I am not a jetting guru, but you have to admit that jetting is important for overall performance of a bike. When I bought mine, I had 2 choices, I could try to figure out jetting with stock jets, or I could buy a JD Jetting kit and use someone elses knowledge and previous research to help me jet it instead. I feel like I made the correct choice since my plugs look really good and I am very happy with the crisp feel of my bike. I am also at 4500 feet above sea level so I probably feel the effects of jetting more then someone would at sea level. Anyway, to each his own. I had a positive experience with mine so I shared it.

the JD kit really helped my 02, but i didnt notice that much of a change on my 07. The jetting on the 07 was almost spot on in stock form it just took a little air screw adjustment to fine tune it. I ended up selling the JD kit and going back to stock jetting. Each bike is different and elevation and temp will dictate if changes need to be made.

the JD kit really helped my 02, but i didnt notice that much of a change on my 07. The jetting on the 07 was almost spot on in stock form it just took a little air screw adjustment to fine tune it. I ended up selling the JD kit and going back to stock jetting. Each bike is different and elevation and temp will dictate if changes need to be made.

This is common. The earlier bikes really responded well to the JD needles. The later model bikes had a better needle to start with.