my bike has a bit of a problem

i changed the motor oil in my bike and i tried starting it, the bike acted like it had no compression then it finally started and the idle was so low, it was in between being started and not then it finally started acting like normal but it sounded like something in the motor was hitting another part i'm wondering whats going on. i need help big time.

could be your decompression mechanism hanging up?

Good thought.

Kinda weird but the exhaust valve on my 01 YZ426F used to hand up every now and then and do the exact same thing. Then it would fire and it was all good. I sold that thing in 03, it still running and the guy rides it for hours and hours on desert runs.

I would bet money its your decompressioner. My 08 did it from time to time when new. It almost sounds like you start the bike with your exhaust plug still in:bonk:. Blip the throttle and it returns to normal.

I assume that when the engine starts, it doesn't start with enough rpm to create enough centrifugal force to over come the decompressioner weight. This leaves the decompressioner assembly engaged. This causes the bike to run without any compression. Once your give it gas building engine rpm, you finally create enough centrifugal force to move the decompressioner weight which dissengages the decompressioner assembly.😏

Maybee theres a better explanation for it and some one can explain, but when I raised my idle it never seemed to happen again. I lowered my idle once a couple months ago trying to dial my bike in, and it happened again. So I just leave my idle up now and its all good.:ride:

I also thought it was cold oil causing the decompressioner assembly to hang up. Because it did this several times when I bought the bike, and I was riding in a lot of cold weather. It never seemed to do it when the bike was warmed up. The problem went away when I raised the idle like I stated earlier, and I forgot about it until I lowered the idle this summer and it did it again. Maybee its a comb of the two. :cheers: Maybee I'm wrong?

Raise your idle a tad and see if it does it again.😏