Just got a 96' KX100....

My Dad just bought me a 96 KX100.... I ride both trail and track and this bike replaces my CRF80.

We added 10oz. flywheel, new chain and sprokets, new tires and some plastics. We have a PC pipe coming as the FMF fatty is kinda rusty. Dad said he wanted to see how the PC pipe runs in comparison. Also he needs to clean up the jetting. IDK seems to run good to me.

😏

would you post your jetting when you are done. your the only other person ive seen on here with a pre-powervalve 100. let me know how you like that pipe too. did the flywheel do what you wanted?

The current setup is:

Main: 122

Needle: N68U

Needle clip: 4th

Pilot:55

So looking at this I'm not sure of any changes over stock. I want to clean the bottom up and fatten the top a bit...

Waiting for some jets...

Interesting enough is that the PC pipe seemed to clean up some of the bottom and the FWW really made a difference in coming on the pipe. My goal is to make the best trail (pre PV) bike I can... so we'll see how that goes.

😏

The current setup is:

Main: 122

Needle: N68U

Needle clip: 4th

Pilot:55

So looking at this I'm not sure of any changes over stock. I want to clean the bottom up and fatten the top a bit...

Waiting for some jets...

Interesting enough is that the PC pipe seemed to clean up some of the bottom and the FWW really made a difference in coming on the pipe. My goal is to make the best trail (pre PV) bike I can... so we'll see how that goes.

😏

my goal is the same, im running the same main, but i think maybe a 48 pilot, i dont remember. im building it into a stroker right now, so it wont matter anyway.

Had some time to start playing with the jetting... the goal is to smooth out the power delivery.

Dropped the PJ from 55 to 52 and bumped the main from 122 to 125. This cleaned up the bottom, but getting a lean stumble when chopping the throttle. Top feels strong and nowhere near being fat or 4-cycling.

Bumped the main to a 128.... even better on top, but not able to get rid of the lean stumble.

Went back to the 55 PJ after a good cleaning.... worked the AS up to 2 turns this time? I think that jet might have been a little dirty!

She is really getting with it... did a plug check on top and she looks like she'll go another step up. So I will try the 130 main when I get back at it. Lean stumble is gone with the 55 PJ back in.

This bike rips!

:banana: