If I had a million dollar's....

I would still NOT be able to buy a 87 KX250 kick start shaft. Because the don't frigging exist. ๐Ÿ˜

WHY IS THIS????

Can't get them from Kawasaki, bike bandit, ron ayers, Babbits, E-bay... NOWHERE!!!!๐Ÿ˜ Been on the lookout for 3 months now.

The rest of the bike it top notch, it would be a shame to part it out because of something so stupid.

And the kicker(no pun intended) seems to be that the 87 was an oddball year that hardly any parts would interchange from say an 86 or 89.

I thought about that, but I figure that would cost about half of what the WHOLE bike is worth. I mean a 87 KX in great shape is still only worth like $700-$800. I'm sure a one off shaft would run over $300.

• TT Store Sales/Support
I just talked the wife into a 92 CR500.๐Ÿ˜

If your not setting lap times, it's FAR MORE FUN to ride than ANY 450.๐Ÿ˜

:cheers:๐Ÿ‘

i have a lathe and a mill, give me a good drawing or dimensions and we can talk if your interested, it wont be $300, i cant reproduce splines though

I am jealous of the tools you have sir. I need/want both, I would spend hours making cool shtuff. Are they actually yours tho? are they worth their space?

I am jealous of the tools you have sir. I need/want both, I would spend hours making cool shtuff. Are they actually yours tho? are they worth their space?

i have been wanting them for years, i bought a house and got the 1rst time homebuyers credit, so i spent a little over $2000 on both (just the machines, no tooling). they are new benchtop machines, the lathe is 10x22, mill is 7x19 or something like that. its the only thing i can move easily and doenst take up too much space. i could have got a bridgeport for 1500 or so, but how would i move it, power it, where would i put it, and didint really need a monster milling capacity and power. i did research for many months, and settled on these, the mill is getting coverted to cnc when i have the cash. ive spent almost $500 on tolling so far and i still dont really have much. i own them and they are worth thier space for sure, i love to play machine shop

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-x-22-Bench-Top-Metal-Lathe/G0602

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Drill-Mill-with-Stand/G0704

the non bike side of my garage, setting the mill on its stand

16bf39add967__1275933117000.jpg

cutting 56-58c on the webb mill at work

c05d88f92d2b__1271925342000.jpeg

if you are tight on space and cash, you can always get a combo machine. i see them for less than $500 on craigslist all the time. they can be horrible machines and have a lot of limitations and rigidity issues, but its far better than nothing

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Combo-Lathe-w-Milling-Attachment/G0516

sorry OP for the complete hijak, pm me asg if you want more info

I also have a lathe and a buddy with a mill, and am also unable to make splines. thanks for the offer though.๐Ÿ˜ Making it is the easy/fun part, it's the treating process it takes to harden it enuff to not snap the fist kick is the trick.

Again, It shouldn't take this much time, effort and money to start a 250 for Christ sake.

The thing that kills me is if you go on ebay right now there are a WHOLE bunch of kick shafts avalible for EVEN OLDER KX's! So it's not even an age problem, it's having the wrong year KX.๐Ÿ˜

I also have a lathe and a buddy with a mill, and am also unable to make splines. thanks for the offer though.๐Ÿ˜ Making it is the easy/fun part, it's the treating process it takes to harden it enuff to not snap the fist kick is the trick.

Again, It shouldn't take this much time, effort and money to start a 250 for Christ sake.

The thing that kills me is if you go on ebay right now there are a WHOLE bunch of kick shafts avalible for EVEN OLDER KX's! So it's not even an age problem, it's having the wrong year KX.๐Ÿ˜

yea i ws going to leave the hardening up to you, there are some pleces around here in phx that do it. $$$