yz 125 riding gear?

Hey whats up guys, im getting a 06 yz125 sat. All i have right now is regular boots and tenies.. what brand boots and what model do you guys suggest I get? I was also looking for gloves/pants/jersey suggestions but boots are my main worry. Also what do you guys think i should get after getting boots?

Thanks for any info guys.

SG10s are good. Tech 7s are decent as well, they have a similar sole to the the Tech 10, which I had and the titamium pegs on my YZs ate them out pretty well. No issues with the SG10s though. I would say after boots invest in a helmet with credentials (DOT/Snell certifications) and definitely get yourself some good knee protection.

Gear Topics should be in the general forum....but since I missed the thread, well......anyway...

I like my sg 10's. They are sturdy and very comfortable. One drawback is the weight. Each boot is just about as heavy as a yz 85. But even for a person with bad knees, the protection they offer is worth the weight penalty. They also take time to get familiar with. They are so sturdy its hard to feel the pegs or shift lever. Once you do, its impossible to go back to a wimpy, flexible boot.

Gear? I dont think there is a great deal of difference in any of it. Its built in China, and I cannot think of any specific brand that goes out of its way to build quality.

I mail order my stuff any buy closeout stuff. Its usually from the previous year, but often times its half-price.

lol i already have a helmet.. idiot, and thanks for all the help guys im trying to find sg10s or tech7 for cheep on the web... but thanks guys, and for the one dude no tech 7's are 50$ cheeper

lol I wasnt tryin to be a dick smart ass! you didnt mention that you had one so I figured id throw that out there:thumbsup::banana:

Edited by ftball90