why me...rust is forming on an 05

why in the holy hell is my engine starting to accumulate rust on it..its only an 05...some of the spots were there when i bought it...i think it may have been from the previous owner not washing the bike and letting mud dry on it...i am real anal..lol...with my bike cleanliness and dont want this problem to get worse...can anyone post pics of there engines to let me see if they have the same thing going on...and how do i stop it..and remove it...

I use steel wool to clean the cases and bolts, then spray it down with a thin film of oil. It really depends on where you ride. A lot of the dirt has a high concentration of nitrogen. Sand is the worst type of dirt. Some areas have such a high nitrogen level that it just eats away at your parts and speeds up the corrosion of the metal.

I use steel wool to clean the cases and bolts, then spray it down with a thin film of oil. It really depends on where you ride. A lot of the dirt has a high concentration of nitrogen. Sand is the worst type of dirt. Some areas have such a high nitrogen level that it just eats away at your parts and speeds up the corrosion of the metal.

ok..im gonna do the steel wool then...it's just so aggravating to see it on there...thanks