flywheel weight/reed cage questions

Well I just added a dep pipe to my bike and all I can say is WOW. The bike runs awsome even with the fmf shorty silencer I have it pulls hard on the topend with good over rev and I can run the gears MUCH longer. Im looking to gain a little bit of bottem end and tourque but dont want to lose my insane mid/top hit and revving ability if thats possible. Its hard to explain the type of power im looking for lol.

Would you guys recomend a vf3 cage or rad valve? Also how should I decide what size weight to kit im about to just buy the zip ty racing flywheel weight kit because it comes with 3 weights to try out for 150 bucks. Thanks guys!

The stock cage is good enough really. All aftermarket cages do is increase air/fuel flow into the cylinder. So if stock flow is crappy, you will notice better performance with an aftermarket cage. If you really want more power all around (which is what im getting from your post) then you should opt for RB designs mods. Do the head mod and have him bore your carb and install the divider plate. Both can be done for about the price of a new reed cage.

If you're still stuck on getting a cage I'd go for the RAD valve but be sure to rejet the bike otherwise you'll either not notice a change or will actually perform worse than before.

BTW I'm running the same exhaust setup as you are (DEP expansion chamber + FMF shorty).

Thanks rusky I really appreciate it. My carb looks like it was already bored but I never thought to open it and check for a divider plate from RB. The guy before me raced it some. It has the head decked a little I think he just really tightened up the squish to .60 if I remember correctly. Could you tell me a little more about his head mod? Any experience with them?

Also do you have any problems with your shorty fitting up? Mine is a VERY tight fit its pretty hard to get in im about to take some sand paper to it and thin it out some, my header doesnt seem to be sealing very good easy it doesnt sit flush with my exhaust flange almost. Ill try new pipe springs and O rings and everything first I was actually a bit suprised I was expecting much more from DEP. The bike runs amazing with the pipe but it came with rust on the inside of the pipe and sloppy welds on the inside and actually a small dent but I wasn't going to complain a new pipes a new pipe. I ground out the welds and smoothed it all out it seemed to help a bit.

HPbikes.com YZ265 kit, will do what you want! It gives more down low and all the way threw the powerband awesome stuff. IMAO

I saw your sons and DAMN did that thing run. What all did they do a port and polish and bore ect? I couldn't find any info or prices or anything on their site and I dont imagine they answer their phones on a sunday lol. :banana:

I saw your sons and DAMN did that thing run. What all did they do a port and polish and bore ect? I couldn't find any info or prices or anything on their site and I dont imagine they answer their phones on a sunday lol. :banana:

Yeah, Derek ported and polished and did a head mod, along with the over bore. I tried just a head mod and pipe, before doing the 265, and it just wasnt enough. Not that it ran bad, my son just wanted more. Derek is as we speak, building a 285 for me now. I really like his work, and he is easy to reach on the phone. I belive he is at lorretta's this week so getting ahold of him could be a problem, you get no phone service there.

Yeah, Derek ported and polished and did a head mod, along with the over bore. I tried just a head mod and pipe, before doing the 265, and it just wasnt enough. Not that it ran bad, my son just wanted more. Derek is as we speak, building a 285 for me now. I really like his work, and he is easy to reach on the phone. I belive he is at lorretta's this week so getting ahold of him could be a problem, you get no phone service there.

Lol well if you dont mind me asking what did he charge you for the 265 kit out of curiosity? Cant decide between a 265 or 285 yet ill prob just go 265 and call it a day I want it to rev and not be a complete four stroke. I still like arm ripping power bands im young :banana:

Lol well if you dont mind me asking what did he charge you for the 265 kit out of curiosity? Cant decide between a 265 or 285 yet ill prob just go 265 and call it a day I want it to rev and not be a complete four stroke. I still like arm ripping power bands im young :banana:

See privite message. As far as Derek's 265 you wont be disapointed!