BMW G450X with a Leo Vince slip on

I would quietly sell the BMW as it is now extinct, before you loose too much value.

noway its a great bike and with husky using the same engine there will be a lot of after market parts coming out in the near future

• 6 months later...
I have had a Leo Vince on my G450X since new and find it excellent. Not too loud, but sounds good and looks great. Much lighter and improves performance. Check out the following link;

http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/evaluating-the-g450x-with-leovince-x3-and-powercommander-v

WOW!!! 11hp gain. Amazing. Well this confirms that the new 449-511 huskys can gain 9-11 hp which some were saying and I had a hard time believing. I figured 5hp would be amazing. Not sure i really want 11 more HP out of my 511.

If you read the full article at HexCode (http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/evaluating-the-g450x-with-leovince-x3-and-powercommander-v/?searchterm=G450X), you'll see that the PC V map (provided free by HexCode) with the Leo Vince exhaust not only increases power, but improves fuel economy between 10-20% throughout the rpm range. The lower power is designed to work in conjunction with the European 3 emission requirements on the stock exhaust. If you run the bike in full power mode with the stock exhaust, you'll ruin the catalytic converter.

In my opinion, a $300 PC V + a $300 Leo Vince slip-on is the best $600 you'll spend on just about any bike! A custom map alone will cost you $300. Put all the money you save into revalving/ respringing the suspension and you'll be kicking ass in the woods.

I'm running the Leo Vince X3, PC V with HexCode map, and full suspension upgrade by SiTech ($480). I love my G450X!

Good luck!

Dave

What kind of MPG are you guys getting out of the G450X?

I'll try to work it out on my next fill up. I just did approximately 50 miles on fire roads, a little cross-country, and pavement yesterday. Will fill up and report the results.

If the boys at HexCode are correct about 10-20% increases in fuel economy, I should be increasing my mileage to about 83-90mpg before the fuel light comes on!

Regards,

Dave

I can get about 65 miles before light comes on riding singeltrack and some fireroad sections to connect at elavation 4500 to 8,000 feet,. Did the same route twice last year doro to door of 68 miles and both times light came on in almost the same place at about 62 to 63 miles. Not sure how much fuel stock tank holds and I am nowhere near my manual. 2009 G 450X. hope this helps.