Not running smooth...

Runs a bit groggy the last 2 weeks or so running it.I know it needs a new air filter and an oil change again.Even after running it awhile and leaving it on idle with the choke in it stalls.It sputters when u give it gas it never use to do that :banana:

03e Engine is stock no addons except exteriors.

I know it needs a new air filter and an oil change again.Even after running it awhile and leaving it on idle with the choke in it stalls.It sputters when u give it gas it never use to do that :banana:

I would change or clean and reoil the air filter and if the symptoms persist clean the carb

the oil is just to trap any debris or dust.

I clean my AF w dawn or similar grease cutting detergent, rinse it well let it dry (no wringing) then reoil in bag w filter oil. You dont want to over oil just cover the AF dont saturate it in the bag its nice becasue you can squeeze the AF and get oil all over it w out overoiling it.

I have two AFs so I swap in the clean one and get to the dirty one when I get a chance

the stalls at idle and sputters w gas suggest a dirty pilot jet

I cleaned the old air filter on it,because it was so dirty but never reapplied airoil to it.That makes sense it started acting up around the time I cleaned the air filter.:banana:

If I am reading this correctly you said you did not re-oil the filter after cleaning. Without proper oil for the type of filter the foam (or a cotton K&N for that matter) are almost useless. With a useless filter you will be soon replacing $$$$$$$ engine parts.

Wipe a white towel on the flame arrestor screen to get an idea if dirt is getting by the filter.

Runs a bit groggy the last 2 weeks or so running it.I know it needs a new air filter and an oil change again.Even after running it awhile and leaving it on idle with the choke in it stalls.It sputters when u give it gas it never use to do that ­čśë

Remove your carb and give it a good clean out...

compressed air can be useful here....:banana:

check for blockage in your pilot jet..

clean or replace air filter..

Servicing should be done more often to ensure trouble free riding...:eek:

If you choose not to clean and oil your old filter you can purchase pre-oiled air filters aftermarket. I believe the OEM ones come without oil.

You should only need to replace your filter if it is damaged/torn.

'Oil for foam air filters' is a special product that you should be able to purchase at the dealership.

Put the foam in a big Ziploc bag and pour a generous amount of oil in. Squeeze most of the air out of the bag and close. Work the oil into the foam and let extra oil drain into a corner of the bag for next time. Easy!

Well I disconnected the fuel line with the petcock off and the lines is leaking like a son of a gun in the off position.So i plugged it doesn't seem to be leaking from the Diaphragm....Haven't even gotten to the carb yet.:banana:

Well I disconnected the fuel line with the petcock off and the lines is leaking like a son of a gun in the off position.So i plugged it doesn't seem to be leaking from the Diaphragm....Haven't even gotten to the carb yet.:banana:

check your oil is it overfull or smell like gas ? the leaking petcock can cause the the engine oil to mix w gas if the carb needle and seat leak

gas inthe oil also causes funny running problems