Won't run

So by mistake i installed ss oil filter in backwards last oil change. Wasnt until bike quit running that i took it apart and seen that i had fliter in backwards. I took the head and valves to machanic he said they look fine. He sprayed liquid in it and it didnt leak. Cylinder looks good too still has cross hatching marks. I put in new rings, piston and gaskets. Now the bike wont stay running and it sounds alot louder. I have to keep the throttle on. Also the choke doesnt do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

the first thing to fry when starved for oil ...is the camshaft and exhust rocker with the roller on it. I've seen it a few times now , where oil starvation didn't always lock the motor up, but the parts mentioned above were always cooked. You might want to check the condition of these parts as the motor if you get started will be louder and won't idle properly . Valves still good I know , but they will take the starvation better. Also if the parts mentioned above got hot enough to loose there hardness it will slowly come apart as these parts put metal debris in the engine. Check it well.