Surge

this surge has been with the bike since I had it but I'm wondering now if its jetting.I need to do the top end on the bike which will include the cylinder so its gona get expensive.Was thinking of doing the bottom too but don't want to spend money that not needed.The surge I get is when the bike is hot like after a hard run and I pull in the clutch when it gets to idle and I'm coasting it will idle up for a stroke or 2 then settle and it may do this untill I get stopped.It never does this after I'm stopped idling only when coasting with clutch in or low rpm coast.Once stopped it may do it a couple times then settle down to normal idle.I can almost get rid of it with the air screw or a richer pilot but then I can't get the idle good.There is no unusual noises in the bottom end or top for that matter,although the cylinder is worn and scratched at the intake port.I don't go through any trans fluid and the bikes idles fine once stopped.My intake boot has some dryrot but I didn't notice anything on the inside,reeds are fine but they are getting gummed up with the bad top end.I don't see any wet spots around the case gaskets but I haven't checked behind the flywheel,are they known to go out?I do have some wet around the output shaft at the counter sprocket.The surge is not there when the bike is cold and gets worse the hotter she gets,last time I was in the sand and thats where I notice it to be worse.Coolant stays put,I do have a small bog just before the pipe like its not taking its gas proper but I'm blaming it on the topend.Once on the pipe it still rips and down low it still chugs,even in the sand I can chug really low in 2nd with stock gearing and still continue on its just the mid that bogs a bit.I have a compression tester coming next week and I'm planning on building a leakdown tester soon.I'm just hoping it sounds like jetting and not the crank seals as I don't want to be tearing this apart just yet,the top end is going to cost me enough now.I have tried to explain in as much detail as possible with this problem as to get the experts here to understand better the problem thats occuring as to get a better diagnoses or opinion as to what it most likely is.Also it dosen't foul plugs I have been using the same plug since I bought it and it has been chugged down low alot(following the kids first gear idling)Sry about the long post and I will shut up now :banana:

I have had this problem with almost every two stroke i have owned. The only thing I had to do was go up a size or two with the pilot. Judging by your post, it seems like you have messed with the pilot already. Did you go with a bigger pilot or smaller pilot?

As for the bogging, im not too sure about that one. It could be the top end, but it could be jetting related also. The best thing to do is start with a fresh top end and then mess with your jetting. Its almost pointless to try and jet a bike with a worn out top end. Good luck!

I have had this problem with almost every two stroke i have owned. The only thing I had to do was go up a size or two with the pilot. Judging by your post, it seems like you have messed with the pilot already. Did you go with a bigger pilot or smaller pilot?

As for the bogging, im not too sure about that one. It could be the top end, but it could be jetting related also. The best thing to do is start with a fresh top end and then mess with your jetting. Its almost pointless to try and jet a bike with a worn out top end. Good luck!

It came with a 55P and thats the highest I have had in it,air screw has to be out to the point its close to falling out with it.Currently have a 50P but have a 52 on order.Top end is getting done soon and I'm thinking of leaving the bottom for another season.Only reason I was thinking of doing the bottom is I was worried the seals was causing the surge.Thanks for the replies,you have eased my mind a bit.