Z Start Auto Clutch Holeshots?

Jeffro426, no offense but I think you're making it sound a little to easy.

Think im lying? Try it! Zstart will pretty much perfect your starts as theres no clutch to fool around with. I mean sure theres still body positioning, timing, etc, but its makes it MUCH easier to get great starts. I too was sceptical of the whole auto clutch thing till i rode one...try one and youll never go back! 🙂

Didn't mean to imply you are lying. How long have you had yours? Do you race a lot of MX? I'm just having a tough time believing that I can leave the gate as quick coming off idle and rolling on the throttle as opposed to the normal method. I'm thinking very seriously about trying it out though, I don't have to much trouble with stalls on my 450 but it would be nice to eliminate them completely!

They're finishing/perfecting the manual clutch over-ride on the yz450, so you can have that as well if you should want (i.e. use your clutch lever as normal for "peace of mind" should you want it). I used a "work around" on mine and it worked fine .... i believe they're machining some new parts for the yz450 over-ride that should be ready any day now.

Didn't mean to imply you are lying. How long have you had yours? Do you race a lot of MX? I'm just having a tough time believing that I can leave the gate as quick coming off idle and rolling on the throttle as opposed to the normal method. I'm thinking very seriously about trying it out though, I don't have to much trouble with stalls on my 450 but it would be nice to eliminate them completely!

Yes, i do race MX...Ive had mine for about 2 months, and i had my doubts about idling starts, but try it and i think you will be delightfuly surprized. The BK mod is a MUST if you plan on using this method though as that hesitation off of idle will kill ya. And yes, when you get it properly dialed in you can lock the rear wheel anywhere in any gear without the worry of stalling.

You guys that are using the Z Start for MX:

I've ordered mine and was wondering what configuration you're using (# of balls, spring shims). I was thinking of starting out with 24 balls (27 standard) and not messing with the shims. What have you guys found works best for you?