KTM EXC Rear Fender Storage

Looking to get something to store some tools and a tire tube on the rear fender of my 2010 KTM EXC 450. I've seen the StowX ones and they seem nice, but I'd like to hear from someone that has one and would like to check out some other options as well. I saw a nice little rack but they wanted like 200 bucks for it which was a little too rich to tote around a few tools.

Thanks!

I bought an American Tourister travel bag at Wally World, bolted it to the rear fender using fender washers inside the bag for strength. It has been on there all summer stuffed with a tube, bare necessity tools, a rain jacket and other odds and ends, holding up very well. I recently returned from riding in MI, lots of whoops, bag didn't show any sign of coming loose or tearing. Bag cost $10, bolts and washers about a buck.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Tourister-Travel-Toiletry-Black/dp/B0037TWT00

I bolted a bag to the rear fender, and it always bottomed out and tore up my plate. I put a PMB rack on the rear. Expensive but top quality. You can put a lot of weight on that thing. No flex, so now my bent plate doesn't bend anymore. http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/12/products_id/455

check out in the pic, they are running trials tire on that 530. I've been doing the same and it is sick. So grippy.

I looked at that rack, because it was cheap, but I see a potential problem dismounting the bike in a crash. It looks like the rack will catch your thighs if you try and slide off the back. Basically the way we all dismount in a crash. I also get smacked in the butt when going over logs or rocks at speed with the fender, or in my case, the rack. That rack looks like it would really hurt when it smacks your butt over logs. I would only run the ebay rack if I never went off road.

I have a pmb rack and i just attached a pelican 1060 micro case onto it. plenty of tool storage and they sell smaller ones if you want. They are water/dustproof and high qual ABS plastic with a liftime warranty. You can easily bolt it straight to your fender if you don't want a rack. http://www.pelican-case.com/pelmiccas105.html?gclid=CKGZze_bmaMCFQ4EiQodrQ3FsQ

Check out dirt-bike-gear.com top quality products.I have had my rear fender bag and still looks brand new.The owner is a ktmtalk member and rider.All of his products come with a warrenty and some as much as 3 years.

I second dirt-bike-gear the best bag out there. Get the large with a tool wrap and you will be set!

Check out dirt-bike-gear.com top quality products.I have had my rear fender bag and still looks brand new.The owner is a ktmtalk member and rider.All of his products come with a warrenty and some as much as 3 years.

Yeah that looks like what I'm looking for . . . anybody got some pics of how it looks on a EXC, so I can get a visual?

It looks like a nice bag. I have a moose tool roll. Minimal tools inside, no tube. I weigh over 200 pounds and ride heavy off road. As I said before. The weight of the bag flexed the rear fender enough to contact the rear tire. I would say about 10 times each ride. Destroying my licence plate. Try the bag alone, but if you ride hard, I think you will bottom out. I even have a heavy spring in the rear shock. That is why I went with the rack, then the bag on top. Perfect! PMB rack is sweet. So are the fastway pegs.

hey, is that a trials tire on the rear? Me and my buddies all converted to trials tires, I'm seeing it everywhere now

Yea...not to hijack the op's thread...I'll NEVER go back to a knobby. The trials tire is better just about everywhere "I" ride.

Looking to get something to store some tools and a tire tube on the rear fender of my 2010 KTM EXC 450. I've seen the StowX ones and they seem nice, but I'd like to hear from someone that has one and would like to check out some other options as well. I saw a nice little rack but they wanted like 200 bucks for it which was a little too rich to tote around a few tools.

Thanks!

I have a rear StowX and its a nice fit, only enough room for basic KTM tool bag and a few small items. I still use a front fender bag for tube and irons.

20221202698_ORIG.jpg