Regular motor oil for air filter?

This has been discussed many time in the past. SO before I say do a search

Welcome to TT

Next

Air filter oil is a user preference, you will find many others opinions on this question. So in reality there is no correct answer just read and summarize then decide for yourself.

As far as using reg motor oil, this is not an issue in a pinch, just don't saturate the filter (For that matter never saturate the filter with any oil).

I personally use Belray Foam, its sticky, works well and cleans easy with PJ1 Cleaner.

Just make sure you hang dry the filter before sticking it back in this allows the excess oil to drip away and not into the carb. :D

BTW do a search you will get many opinions 🙂

10-30 Motor oil is the only thing I have ever used on my filters. Its easy, cheap and a quart will last months. I laugh at all these guys using these "filter systems" i.e. just another money scam. :D

I fill my palm up with oil and rub it into the filter, if im racing then i double that amount. With dish soap and hot water I can get my year old filter as clean as the day I got the bike :D

This has worked great for me, good luck 🙂

If you use "Motor" oil, clean the filter every week at minimum as the oil will settle to bottom of the filter due to gravity and not being as sticky.

PS when I was young, I ran a bike a year and a half with no oil at all on the filter. I didn't no any better.

Ditto on the motor oil running out; not a good idea. For an example, grab one of those old Briggs and Startton engines with the foam filters. They recommended motor oil for the filter, and everyone one I've taken apart that has been in service for a while has the oil all at the bottom of the filter.