new clutch?

hey guys did a search and didn't come up with anything, im sure there's threads out there and im sorry to start a new one! but wondering what you guys are running for aftermarket clutches? or should i get a stock one? any help would be awesome! i need a new one. should i go to the dealer or get one off the internet? sites? prices? help and info would be appreaciated! thanks guys!:banana:

hey guys did a search and didn't come up with anything, im sure there's threads out there and im sorry to start a new one! but wondering what you guys are running for aftermarket clutches? or should i get a stock one? any help would be awesome! i need a new one. should i go to the dealer or get one off the internet? sites? prices? help and info would be appreaciated! thanks guys!:banana:

I just installed a new Barnett clucth basket and new friction plates yesterday.

I recommend an aftermarket clutch basket from any major brand if you ride a lot and would have to replace it again. The Barnett clucth basket has a nice feature, stainless steel insert on the fingers so that they hardly get notched. Actually I was looking for Hinson one too but Barnett was cheaper at ebay and it was US$185 or such including shipping.

http://www.barnettclutches.com/products/off_road_clutch_baskets.aspx?prod_make=Kawasaki

Just replaced the Clutch springs last week that were toast from the heat with Barnetts(10% stronger, but you barely notice at the lever). I was looking for a clutch but the stock plates and fibers were hardly even worn? With the way I lug and Clutch the bike on our tight and hilly terrain I was amazed. The basket was mint and I don't use the clutch for shifts?

If you are having clutch issues check the springs, according to Hinson they are the weak part of the whole assembly in the 450's. They lose their "spring" quite fast. If I was doing a new clutch it would be Hinson and then Barnett then EBC then Tusk.