Carb Issues

I just took apart the carb on my YZ 250F to clean everything out. Now thats it back togethor it doesnt idle and whenever you give it gas it stays at that rpm. Its like the throttle is sticking open but I know it isnt. Could it be the bad oring that i put back on between the air intake flange and the carb? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Hey guys, im new and id like some help please. I just bought a dynojet kit for my xr650l 2008 and on the instruction sheet, near the end, it says to ‟drill the plug, then use the screw they gave you to secure then remove the plug”. I have absolutely no idea what they mean by that. The rest is pretty simple : change the main jet for the one they gave you and do the same with the needle and the slide spring. Im just completely lost when it comes to the famous plug. They must mean its important so i restrained from upgrading my carb till i shed light on this. Hope someone can help. Thank you all.

Edited by Khar

• 3 weeks later...

so I finally got that o-ring back, but it didnt solve the problem. Did the exact same thing. Rev it up stay there for about 30 seconds then return back to idle. Then I looked down and the head pipe is glowing orange. So I quickly shut it down. It is definitely not cooling. I think when I sucked up water something got sucked into the engine and damaged something? any ideas?