Spray Painted Plastics....Yuck

As far as I know, oven cleaner won't hurt plastics but it's extremely potent and will take spray paint off. I use it for a lot of stuff - in fact just this morning I took the anodizing off of an aluminum RC car part. When I've had it on plastic it hasn't hurt anything, but I haven't tried it on motorcycle plastic yet. Try it on the underside of the fender or something first.

But yeah, try to buy new before you deal with any of that crap.

It's gonna take a long time to get that paint off. After the first piece that you clean your going to want to give up and just buy new plastics!

You could use oven clean and some steel wool and then buff out the plastic after with a polisher but to me it's just not worth the time unless you can't get these plastics anymore.

the only problem with all of this that i can see, is that even though the paint may look like crap now, if the PO took the proper steps to paint the plastic, he roughed it up with sandpaper, steel wool, scotch brite pad or whatever, so the plastic may be beyond usable anyway. I just went though this on my 86 xr600 i planned on re-painting with krylon fusion anyways, but yeah, the plastic was all faded and looked like crap underneath anyways. and i wasn't about to go spend a hundred bucks on plastic. but i used lacqer thinner and this spray paint remover that didn't work very well. got a plastic bristle brush and got it all off! little elbow grease helps too.