oil leak

i just got a 07 rmz 450 and after my first ride i noticed oil leaking from behind the front sproket. i havent found anyone who has had this problem before and i dont know if i just need to replace the seal or if its a big fix.

Is not a big fix. Carefully drill two small holes opposite of each other in the seal. Insert two sharp but short screws / parkers half way.

With two plyers you can carefully wiggle the seal, which is partly made of steal wire, out of the hole.

Leaking is a sign that your chain has been adjusted way to stiff, you might need more slack.

Or you had a pile of moist grass behind your sprocket which made the spacer rusting a little bit. The rust eats out the seal eventually.

Edited by Noppy

• 7 months later...

Im having the same thing and it drain all my oil out while ridin i dont think my chain was tight in fact its lose ... could that be it?.. the chain being bad so it messed up the seal?

As noted above replace the seal and you should be fine. If not then some how the counter shaft is not correct and the could require spliting the cases.

More then likely just need to replace the seal.