Help me decide

Ok here is my situation I have 1998 Cr250r and I found a 01 rm250 for trade. So I been talking to the man and he is interested trading but here is the problem. The bike is no were near as clean as mine fork seals are leaking brake pads are half worn and the chain is wore out. So the man said to help me out I could take off my chain and put it on his, so what do you guys think should I trade or just keep mine? I have been wanting a rm250 for a while now but I don't know if this is a good trade or not because everything is good on my bike chain sprockets clutch cable and everything the only thing it needs is a rear tire. Now since I listed the bad things about it now I can say some good things about it. The bike has all good bearings clutch is not slipping has almost brand new tires on it and it runs good he said. Please help me out here I really can not decide here is a link of the bike.

Thanks for all replies:)

http://us.mc1138.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.gx=1&.tm=1280604602&.rand=3udmdpkuqp4tt#_pg=showMessage&sMid=3&&filterBy=&.rand=1906863027&midIndex=3&mid=1_1803_AHGniGIAAQ3nTFRIogmnBTMKF14&fromId=rmsuzuki121@yahoo.com&m=1_159_AGmniGIAAHgfTFRXdwOmIznK7OI,1_710_AG%2BniGIAAIrTTFRSZgYrThFBAoA,1_1268_AHOniGIAAOQpTFRNJQm%2FVzcC%2FJU,1_1803_AHGniGIAAQ3nTFRIogmnBTMKF14,1_2342_AGmniGIAANxbTFA1gAhT4j064pQ,1_3010_AGWniGIAAU%2B6TFA1Ng5dOT4VgcA,1_3655_AHWniGIAAL2mTEbUqghzbkaVaNI,1_4278_AHGniGIAAOTeSxES%2BARZa0%2FILEI,1_5016_AGyniGIAATxCSw%2B9rgtBiWsEZqM,&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&hash=46c8dab36516658f6ff1ff288709dcf5&.jsrand=8323453

Well the link doesnt work. However....

Fork seals w/bushings kit :$70 http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=56&navTitle=Suspension&webCatId=13&prodFamilyId=2055

Chain and sprockets $85 http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=123&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&prodFamilyId=9644

brakes are about $30, but are a normal change item when buying a new bike to you bike along with a piston and rings.

I would do the swap with a $150 cash back.

I don't know man, I think this is one call you need to make yourself. I mean we can give you our opinion and you know as much about bikes as we do. Tuff call, your trading up 3 years and got to put a little work in it. So where would this put you in the long run? Tuff call.

Dont swap chains, you wont gain anything really.

I would do it, your getting a newer bike, the parts you have to replace are common and once replaced they will be new and good for a while.

Unless your bike is mint and that bike is ragged out, do it. Buy the parts it needs and ride the hell out of it.

I prefer the RM over the cr, and im a honda guy.

Shop smart - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-RM250-RM-250-MSR-Fork-Seals-Free-Shipping-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a4756eee2QQitemZ250304982754QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hey guys, correct me if I am wrong but I believe the RM is actually a 02. The swing arm looks to be tapered which didn't start until 02. It does have the 01-02 PV so it is not a 03. I say the bike is four years newer and it only needs $150 in stuff you will have to replace on every bike anyway over time not to mention your back tire looks like it is about gone, soooo not a bad deal in my eyes. But hey It is defiantly a decision only you can make. good luck

I would have traded if he had good chain and sprockets but he told me that he was going to buy a new chain but he didn't because he was going to sell it and did not want to waste the money even if he would have bought the fork seals and some cheap brake pads I would have traded but he wouldn't so no big deal and I understand so I will just keep on waiting until I find another rm.

Oh well, at least you still have a bike that you know is good. I trade bikes and thats about all I do (Ive had about 12 this year lol), the main thing is to make sure your not uncomfortable with trading because you can always get something and think you know what it needs, but you really keep finding more things wrong with it, then youll wish you hadnt traded. But in the end its your decision. Nice CR by the way.