Wish me luck!

After a couple days of riding the desert this last weekend, it was obvious I'm overdue for a rebuild. At the end of the second day, the valves were tightening up so bad that I had a hard time starting the bike, and power was down. Adding insult, my buddies didn't want to ride behind me anymore, due to the smoke screen that has been getting progressively worse over the last 2years.

Today, I began the process of stripping it down. I've got the seat, plastics, and tank off. After blowing the loose dirt free, I started with the head cover. Oops, I guess I shoulda drained the oil. One more mess to clean up.

I've located new rocker arms and valves, if needed. I haven't got that far. I'd sure like to see more aftermarket support for this bike. So far XRSOnly.com is the only place I can find a new piston kit for it. Anyone know of another place to look? I've checked directly with JE, Wiseco, and some other piston manufacturers. No luck. I'd also like to see some hotter cams, but I think thats a pipe dream.

The cam looks really good, as do the tips of the valves. The last time I adjusted the valves, one of the intake valves wouldn't adjust for clearance. I thought that the tip had mushroom'd onto the rocker, but that's not the case. It appears that I might need to replace the rockers, as their contact points with the sub-rockers are getting dimpled. Anyone else seen this before? I wonder if they can be filed flat again, or if its better to just replace them?

I'm still having a hard time locating a piston kit for this year and model. XRsOnly.com is the only website I've found that offers anything (but spendy). I may have no choice. Don't know what the condition of the cylinder is just yet.