clutch sticking

Im working on a 84' kdx 200 for my friend and just about done with it. The only thing wrong with it is that the clutch isint working. Ill have it running on a stand while clicking through the gears which goes through the gears ok but when i pull the clutch to stop, it doesent work. I changed the oil ( atf ) and when i take the oil cap off, ill pull in the cluth and i can see that sometimes 1 or 2 plates go backword (thats all i can see) for some reason, all bikes that i get that have been sitting, do this....?? one bike i kept running it and going through the gears and finally started to grab....

I could only assume you mean its not engaging? or disengaging? anyway if it isnt disengaging then the basket may be grooved, Im sure you would have saw that if you had the clutch cover off... if its not engaging your clutch spring are prob out of spec.

I could only assume you mean its not engaging? or disengaging? anyway if it isnt disengaging then the basket may be grooved, Im sure you would have saw that if you had the clutch cover off... if its not engaging your clutch spring are prob out of spec.

+1 engaging disengaging problem,

check the friction plates and steel plates its most likely some of these are worn. might just be springs too.

+1 engaging disengaging problem,

check the friction plates and steel plates its most likely some of these are worn. might just be springs too.

Or the plates may just be gummed up from sitting, dis-assemble and check them out.

I would also check your basket and inner hub for grooves from the plates, once they get deep enough they stop the plates from moving.