Honda CRF Kick start plate

Hello I am new to this great forum.

I have some interesting info. I had a noise coming from my kickstart gears, thought I did not have enough oil in the tranny. Then my bike would not come out of first gear. I removed the right side cover to find my kick start stop plate was broken in half. half was stuck between the shift linkage, the other was still attached. I am able to get the part in a few days for $4. Has anyone else had this problem? 🙂

Rich Wagner

02 CRF 450

Twin Walls, Factory connection suspesion, eline guards,

White Bros R4

This happened to my friends 03 it tore a hole through the case and it wouldn't shift at all. The bike had only about 15 hours on it. He brought the bike to a Honda dealer and Honda said they would cover the parts and not the labor which was over 500 dollars. Does anyone know if this is a common problem? I hope not because my bike was from the same shipment as his.

I'm just putting my brother's 02 back together after this bracket broke and went through his engine. Right side case, the bracket, and the bolt holding the bracket are the only parts needed (except for gaskets). I don't know why this happened but I'm going to recommend to him to run more trany oil to be on the safe side. His bike does not have much time on it and he's very easy on it (read: slow! :D)

I guess from this experience, if you EVER take off the clutch side cover, INSPECT the little steel bracket becasue it appears as if it broke at the thinnest cross section, at the bolt. PM me if you'd like pictures of where this is. Your all welcome in advance! 🙂