Walker Valley 1st time Rekluse Video

I want to thank NWBikeRider and his friend for dragging me around Walker Valley looking for entertaining and interesting places to try out my Rekluse and Left hand rear brake on my little 200exc. Yes I finally gave in. Felt like I was learning how to walk again. What gear am I in? :eek::rant:

Here is the easy loop Mike picked out to help me learn the new set up.???:banana:

Edited by Enduroguy
  • Like 1

Nice vids:thumbsup: looks like NWbikerider picked a couple of "girly" trails for a test ride.?

I don't think I've ever seen you stand the 200 up on end like you did in the videos, looks like the rekluse definetly puts the torque to the rear wheel. :banana:

So how long did it take you to get used to having the rear brake in your left hand?? ?

Soon as my back allows, we gotta ride again :eek:

O40R

Nice vids:thumbsup: looks like NWbikerider picked a couple of "girly" trails for a test ride.?

I don't think I've ever seen you stand the 200 up on end like you did in the videos, looks like the rekluse definetly puts the torque to the rear wheel. :banana:

So how long did it take you to get used to having the rear brake in your left hand?? ?

Soon as my back allows, we gotta ride again :eek:

O40R

Ya, it hooks up like crazy and the left hand break is crazy, I think Ill like it after I quit grabbin it for the clutch. By the end the day I was getting used to it.

Damn Willy, hope the back gets better fast.

Wow...those are some nice gnarly trails! You did awesome on video 4...went right up that clay trench.

I want to thank NWBikeRider and his friend for dragging me around Walker Valley looking for entertaining and interesting places to try out my Rekluse and Left hand rear brake on my little 200exc. Yes I finally gave in. Felt like I was learning how to walk again. What gear am I in? :eek::rant:

Here is the easy loop Mike picked out to help me learn the new set up.???:banana:

Right behind ya:worthy:?

I made it last time I was there....left a great Terraflex tattoo on the spine. I've tried and tried to do that ever since I watched a trials rider go up it like it was the trail. It's made for some ugly situations when I failed. Right now, the traction is about optimum...give it a try, if ya pick the right line, it's easy cheesy. Pick wrong, and that gray clay will stamp your failure. ?

I enjoy watching people flail that trail. First time I was ever taken to Walker, somebody did the same thing to me.

:eek:

btw, I made it without a rekluse :banana:

Hope we hook up out there some time and Ill just cheat with the rekluse, I need all the help I can get. :eek:

I just put one on my 450, I'm learning how to use it, but like you say...seems like cheating. I like it cuz it allows me to focus more on line selection and balance...those dern extra cpu cycles wasted on clutch use are valuable in tight situations.

Have ya ever been to any of the trials competitions there at Walker? I sat and watched, and they really opened my eyes to lines I'd never have considered. Now I want one bad enuff to sell a bike to get one :banana:

I just put one on my 450, I'm learning how to use it, but like you say...seems like cheating. I like it cuz it allows me to focus more on line selection and balance...those dern extra cpu cycles wasted on clutch use are valuable in tight situations.

Have ya ever been to any of the trials competitions there at Walker? I sat and watched, and they really opened my eyes to lines I'd never have considered. Now I want one bad enuff to sell a bike to get one :banana:

Ill be putting a rekluse in my 530 as soon as my account recovers. I hear ya on the trials bike. I to have a hanker-in for a little GasGas trials bike or something similar.

Edited by Enduroguy

Yeah, just a bunch of girly trails, not much of a good trail day...

I actually can't recall where we even were.

Nice vids Tom. Glad you were in front so as not to catch my elusive riding techniques.. Can't have riders poaching my style. :eek:

Anyone that can rail a 450 the way you do in the tight n twistys at Walker has my respect :banana:

I recognized the Current Pass trail and the V-trail near Split Rock, the others just looked like rabbit paths ?