2010 Left crank bearing

Today my left side main bearings break on my 2010.

I did hear some weird noise so I shut it down before it did break something more.

Some one more has had this problem? I have only 26hours on the bike. What does Honda say about it?

Edited by David_mmx

The bike started to sound different so I shut it down. It was not big different in sound so I think most people wouldn't even hear it.

Now the engine is at a local rebuilder and the left main bearing(closest to all electronic) and the upper rod end is broken.

No help from Honda the only they says about it is "bad luck for you".

The bike started to sound different so I shut it down. It was not big different in sound so I think most people wouldn't even hear it.

Now the engine is at a local rebuilder and the left main bearing(closest to all electronic) and the upper rod end is broken.

No help from Honda the only they says about it is "bad luck for you".

I doubt the main bearing went first. Probably taken out by the other damage.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say it's the lower end rod bearing (thrust washers) ours went yesterday

2010 honda crf250r with only 50 hours on it!!!!!!!! honda should do something about this our friends did the same also with 50 hours on it and also a 2010 so charlie C if your reading this maybe you should reconsider your view!!

I would say it's the lower end rod bearing (thrust washers) ours went yesterday

2010 honda crf250r with only 50 hours on it!!!!!!!! honda should do something about this our friends did the same also with 50 hours on it and also a 2010 so charlie C if your reading this maybe you should reconsider your view!!

Like I said, very unusal. I don't see a lot of main bearings go bad. Connecting rod bearings all the time.

With the added stress put on the bearings from the connecting rod bearing going bad, I can see that there's a pretty good possibility that it could have destroyed the left crank bearing. I guess anything is possible with the beating these engines take, so I guess that a bad main bearing can attribute to a prematurly failure to the connecting rod bearing. Truthfully, I never checked the crankshaft bearings when I had to replace a crankshaft. I always replace the bearings and the seals regardless. Next time, I will check just to see what gives. I think I have a 2006 KX450F coming that from the description sounds like the crank is gone in it. I'll check it before I take it apart.

Will the hotrod main bearing kit be better than the oem?

I'd hate to say yes then you have a failure. Personally, I've had no trouble with any of them. I've probably used 3 or 4 different manufactures without an issue including the stock ones. You roll the dice just like which crankshaft is better. I have no preference at this point.