cr125 exhaust flange mods

Hi, i was working on my '04 cr125 to make it a nice woods bike...

So i was thinking about a longer exhaust flange......i heard that '02 flanges are longer than '00/'01...are they longer tham '04 too?will they match with my cylinder? i saw that boyesen makes a longer flange for '02 models so i was interested about that...

If i cannot put a '02 i will try to make that with cnc....how longer should i go? 10mm are too much?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english ๐Ÿ˜‰:eek:

Francesco:ride::banana:

Hi, i was working on my '04 cr125 to make it a nice woods bike...

So i was thinking about a longer exhaust flange......i heard that '02 flanges are longer than '00/'01...are they longer tham '04 too?will they match with my cylinder? i saw that boyesen makes a longer flange for '02 models so i was interested about that...

If i cannot put a '02 i will try to make that with cnc....how longer should i go? 10mm are too much?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english ๐Ÿ˜‰:eek:

Francesco:ride::banana:

If your looking to bring the power band down in RPM's start out at .200-.250 and go from there.

On our CR153 2006 we had to add .600 to the flange to bring down the power band in RPM's. Its peak power band was wy to high after all the mods.

Gene

Edited by HI-TECH HORSEPOWER

Thank you so much....how did you do that?

you welded a 0.600 flange on the ''stock'' exhaust flange or you welded a 0.600 longer pipe?

anyone knows about boyesen exhaust flange?

thank you so much:worthy:๐Ÿ˜‰:banana:๐Ÿ‘:eek:

Francesco:ride:

Welded a flange on top of the flange on a good stock pipe. We had a stock(2006) pipe that was dented really bad do to a track that has allot of rocks. Then we took the stock(2006) silencer and removed the end cap and installed a 2001 end cap........on the dyno that was the ticket, we dynoed allot of different pipe's and stock work the best modified.

Gene

thanks Gene, when you say ''top'' of the flange you say the part that matches with the cylinder or the part that matches with the pipe??

what mods have you done too to have something more on the midrange on your bike?

thanks

Francesco

thanks Gene, when you say ''top'' of the flange you say the part that matches with the cylinder or the part that matches with the pipe??

what mods have you done too to have something more on the midrange on your bike?

thanks

Francesco

Added it to the pipe

Installed the 2001 end cap on the silencer(2006) it made a big difference.