2010 crf250 big bore

I'll be honest with you, Ron. The bike is currently running a cam,spring,piston combo from another company. We're not happy with the results. Not happy with Honda's effort either, as our 07 crf250 seemed much stronger than the 2010. I understand your combo is the cats ass, but at this point another $1000. is out of the question. Just wondering how the 264 kit stacks up to the competition, seeing that it is about 1/2 the cost. I know it's not legal in the lites class, but would be used in open B and 35+.

Gibson did the initial testing of our 250 and said it was much stronger that our previous crfs that won the arena cross series in fact he compared it to the 450 having torque like a bigger engine and that bike did out hole shot all of the 450s @ the first race.so many shops are trying to build packages for 250s that make them feel like 125 2 strokes in cludingt that one starting with the C word our 250 yamaha was 2.8 secounds a lap faster with stock suspension during testing against one built using those C word parts .

Good comparison with the 125 2-stroke thing Ron, that really is what it feels like. In all fairness, I'm not going to mention the company, as I feel the combo is probably better suited for expert riders.

Stock it was slow. Full Dr D. Exhaust was a little better, but still slow. Piston, cam, spring kit gave it lots of top end but killed the bottom. Lots of clutch abuse. Just finished putting a cam and ECM reflash from Jesse Williams at Williams Motowerx and all I can say is that this bike finally rips!! And with a stock piston!! Highly recommend.

i was orig gonna do a big bore but after talking with my engine tuner i opted to go with reg modding and i am quite happy. my PR2 bike is awesome. makes 40hp running stock piston and pump. didn't get to do a dyno with the U4.4 i am running now but with the insert out and the U4.4 it runs even better.

i read the review of the 264 kit and it only gained 1 1/2 hp and lost top end. my mods gained more low and mid and even more top. for me this was the best setup so i passed on the big bore for this particular bike. if i could have went bigger like a 290 etc i would have done that

btw PR2 on the east and Ron on here everywhere else there is plenty of things to make this bike alot better then the small big bore kit that is out there for this bike in my op and all with not spending crazy money and having a great broad powerband

just my personal op i am sure there are others out there that can mod the bike but i only have exp with my dynos and the ones i have seen from rons and his cust feedback

I just talked to george @ fmf there now building some pipes around our engines they had one of our 2010 250s and made a new pipe to out perform the yosh and still be quieter they got 42 hp on pump gas with better bottom end power the magazine test should becoming out in october.these bikes are reliable .

^

that would be awesome. there orig pipe for this bike sucked in my op. if they could beat the yosh an be quieter i would be all over it but i would have to see it to believe it first.

let us know when it is available to the public, thanks

I just talked to george @ fmf there now building some pipes around our engines they had one of our 2010 250s and made a new pipe to out perform the yosh and still be quieter they got 42 hp on pump gas with better bottom end power the magazine test should becoming out in october.these bikes are reliable .

Ron, If you can tell us what changes FMF made to their previous pipe to make it a yosh beater that would be some cool info.

• 2 months later...
i have not seen the changes we sent the yosh to fmf with the bike Donny does not want other pepole making better pipes if he can help it they worked on it for a mounth so im sure it will be good .

We have the new pipes on our big bores (264,280 and 300cc) better fit and redesigned internals . performance is definatly noticable.