Should I get an 2009 or 2010

Tough call, some say the 2010 is better and the mag reviews gave it praise. The big difference I would think is, what are you going to do with it??

If the price difference is a $1000 you could spend that money on suspension and ECM mapping and the bike will rip and run as well if not better then the 10' model. A little more dough you could throw on an exhaust too. I have an 08.5 so it is the same as what the 09' is your looking at, map the ECM and it will rip.... just like a 10' they say.

Again really depends on what you plan on doing.....

Just riding MX. I can do the suspension on either one. I had an 08.5 and really liked it. I'm wondering if the 10 is a better platform to start with. I don't need to do the ECM or pipe, I like a more mellow bike. After all an over aged, slightly over weight C class rider needs the best bike out there. :banana:

My friend just got an 2010 yz450f and loves it. what dont you like about it. Also I am thinking about getting a power commender, what did you not like about it. I got my stock ecu reflashed by Yosh but have not rode it yet due to injury.

If you would be doing offroad I would say the 2009. For MX the 2010. The 2010 is supposed to be even more stiff than the 2009. For building the RMX450Z they used the 2010 frame and the 2009 swingarm.

Furthermore the injection butterfly opens differently. No biggy, I suppose.

The only time you can tell a difference when a company makes a radicle change. Suzuki did not change anything from 08-09 except graphics and 2010 only saw a few minor changes that us mere mortals can not tell. But thats good to hear so people that have 08,09 dont have to run out to upgrade to a 2010.

Honestly if you already had a 8.5 buyin the 09' is going to be like buying the same bike again.

I would say the 2010 also then. Though I did get a quick ride on a 2010 yesterday and seat of the pants it was no different then mine. Again I have my ECM mapped / Yosh System, so it pulls all the way out.

Only thing I noticed is it may rev just a bit further, but not much.

I know the 10 has fixed it's short power band problem cursed in the 09's.

I also know from others that the aerodynamics/cornering is alot better in the 2010.

With that said, if you want a mellow bike, get a 250 :banana: You're getting a 450 for a reason and your hand should control how mellow the bike will be !

Get the 2010, my $0.02