I need new stacks

I am about to service my suspension again and do some revalving at the same time. I have been diy revalving myself and trying different stacks in the forks and shock a couple of times. I want to try something completely different from what I have now, since it isnt anywhere near optimal anyway.

So if anyone has some good stacks they want to share both for the shock and forks that are well balanced, I will happily try them.

I suppose I could be a slow B rider, 85kg with gear 32years old, racing only motocross.

And the bike is a RMZ450 -06 with stock springs

Thanks!

Don't go too far from std settings. Drive std settings first and make some notes, what do you like it and what don't. After that make notes what do you really want...now it will be more easier. You always must have a goal what you will be after.

Are your sag numbers ok, what is your fork height, oil level, what kind of settings you have tried...?

Don't go too far from std settings. Drive std settings first and make some notes, what do you like it and what don't. After that make notes what do you really want...now it will be more easier. You always must have a goal what you will be after.

Are your sag numbers ok, what is your fork height, oil level, what kind of settings you have tried...?

Actually I know what my goal is, but I have no idea of how to get there. The goal would be to get my RMZ to handle something like our local MX1 riders 2010 CRF450. I tried his bike the last time we were at the track and guess what, I almost instantly beat my own lap record with that bike.

I have no idea what stacks he has in the CRF and I dont think he does either since I dont think he does them himself anymore, but it has been worked on... It was just really plush and well balanced compared to my bike.

I have tried a couple of different stacks in the RMZ over the years, but nothing has been really good. I did start by reading all of the DIY revalving thread by thedogger some time ago btw. So I suppose Im looking for some magical make-my-bike-MX1-fast-stacks. :banana:

Here is the video of the CRF encounter btw:

Honda -10 and Suzuki -06 are totally different bikes. I have rode std -06 suzuki and it wasn't bad at all. If you want same kind of feeling as you rode MX1 race bike, you need to stiffen up your suspension.

Some reb mods are also required. Each setting is individual. What are your current settings?