Anyone know height gain of GYTR "tall seat" for an 08?

I just bought my wife an 08 TTR125LE and would like to raise the seat height around 3-4". I saw GYTR sells a complete seat that is taller but nowhere on the web can I find out how much height is gained. Does anyone have an idea? Also I have searched and found

http://www.rswracing.com/ttr125.htm

is a pretty affordable way to lift the front but what is best for the rear? I don't want to sink a ton of money into this with a longer works shock etc.

BTW I got the bike literally brand new, still nipples on the tires and warning stickers on the plastic for 1500...good deal?

I just bought my wife an 08 TTR125LE and would like to raise the seat height around 3-4". I saw GYTR sells a complete seat that is taller but nowhere on the web can I find out how much height is gained. Does anyone have an idea? Also I have searched and found

http://www.rswracing.com/ttr125.htm

is a pretty affordable way to lift the front but what is best for the rear? I don't want to sink a ton of money into this with a longer works shock etc.

BTW I got the bike literally brand new, still nipples on the tires and warning stickers on the plastic for 1500...good deal?

Most of then i've seen are pretty similar. 2.3 -3. thing that makes them nice is there is a lot more cushion and are more comfortable than the stock seats which are not comfortable at all. I have had several guts tall seats with soft foam . not that soft but was the most comfortable seat ive owned . ive had 3. I wouldn't spend any money on the front except to replace it with a yz front. the back can be easily lifted to match. this gives the bike at least 2.5-3 additional inches of height. The stock front is too small and weak and flexes under stress. No way to make it better imo. just use it till you can find a reasonable yz replacement but dont invest anything in it .

Well I bought one so I will measure seat height before and after and update on here the height gained. There is another one on ebay if anyone else is looking for one. I paid 80 bucks for a new complete high seat.

I looked into the YZ fork mod but I can't find a cheap set. I'll keep my eyes peeled on craigslist for a while but as it is, my wife can still ride it and have a good time.

I am in EXACTLY the same situation -- down to the TTR model and the wife size :-)

Where did you pick up the tall seat from? Please post any comments about how she is liking it out on the trail when you get a chance.

I am in EXACTLY the same situation -- down to the TTR model and the wife size :-)

Where did you pick up the tall seat from? Please post any comments about how she is liking it out on the trail when you get a chance.

I bought this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-TTR125-2008-2009-GYTR-TALL-SEAT-ASSY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ260627901278QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The guy had 2, now just 1. For 80 bucks it is a good deal though cause the local yamaha dealer and dealers online want around 125 bucks for the thing. I couldn't find a single review of it online but I figure if GYTR is the aftermarket company Yamaha sells itself, it has to be good. UPS says my seat will be here Tuesday. I will take a seat height measurement before, after and update with my review of the seat.

Seat came in today, overall fit and finish is decent. For 80 bucks for a complete seat I'm not complaining. Seat height before was 31.5 and now is only 32.5. Sort of pissed it is only an inch taller but the foam is firmer and in reality probably allows 1.5-2" of gain. It isn't quite as flush with the tank as the original but these bikes aren't winning any beauty pageants anyways lol. The wife hasn't ridden it yet but I'll post back with her ride report of the new seat

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9467.jpg

IMG_9468.jpg