1968 Honda CT90 street legal in CA

You can plate the whole minitrail/trail 50/70/90 line. The Z50, also known as a Monkey in Japan, is a hoot!

You might need to do a light/horn signoff at the DMV if it's been out for a certain period.

Then you get hooked and do this, all Cal. legal....lol:

IMG_0299.JPG

Edited by carver

Didn't know you could get the Z50 registered. I had one I haggled together a few years back from parts my dad bought. Man that was fun :banana:

My friend was informed he couldn't get his bike plated in california though, but does it being an '83 XR200R have anything to do with it?

Didn't know you could get the Z50 registered. I had one I haggled together a few years back from parts my dad bought. Man that was fun :banana:

My friend was informed he couldn't get his bike plated in california though, but does it being an '83 XR200R have anything to do with it?

It might be the year, as you used to be able to plate anything that was green stickered, although that's now changed.

I'm not sure where that year criteria switches over. It might be 1975 which is the car switchover to emissions not req.

The thing is the Z50/CT70/CT90 were all originally offered with a plate unlike the XR,

so it's just a matter of getting the legal equip. working and getting it signed off.