Broken Electrex parts!

I went down pretty hard in my last race and shattered my Electrex turn signal/light switch and lost one of my rear turn signal lenses. My local shop (RMS) called Electrex and ordered the switch @ $79, (ouch!) but said I would have to buy the whole rear fender assy to get the lense. They suggested my parts guy look in one of the big national parts suppliers, I forget which one, but we couldnt find a match. I don't remember the price for the fender kit either but it is steep for a lense and I would be in the same boat next time I break a lense. I will probably end up just buying a set of signals that I know I can get parts for but was hoping maybe you guys would know where to get the lense?

Thanks

Max

XVWDVW,

Check out the 4 Strokes Only internet site. Switches for about $39 and all kind of rear light combos.

First, though, I'd check out the ATKUSA site. Their section on excess inventory has a bunch of lighting equipment VERY reasonable. Switches and stuff too. I think their light switch is part of the throttle and is still cheap! If you are within 50 miles of an ATK dealer you can buy the stuff there. If not, order by phone, no sweat. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, I called Electrex and they are very helpfull but only sell the rear signals as an assembly with the rear fender brace/brake light.

The manufacture for the lights and the Kill/light/signal switch is K&S www.kandstech.com which is great but they do not sell direct and I have yet to find an online source. My local MC shop is going to get back to me if they can find them too.

Thanks again,

Max

No, I don't have the Stealth fender. May have been a good investment in hindsight. Fourstrokes only has grown up alot since I last looked there thanks for the link. They also have the singal switch for $59 that I already paid 75 for. That is good to know.

How do you like the quiet core in your E-Series? Have you done a before/after test? Did it require rejetting? I would love to make my bike quiter when I am not racing and for street.

Thanks,

Max

It's been my experience that Electrex only wants to sell complete kits. They are very hesitant to sell parts of a kit. There after sales support needs work. To say the least. Electrex ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks again. Yeah right!

• 1 month later...

Quality is excelent!

No tail light would of survived this hard landing.

This is my first problem, and I've been doing alot of rough riding, and tumbles.

Once again, I'm very empressed with the quallity and duribility of this kit. No problems what so ever!

SERVICE is the question now.

I'll keep you posted.