Surgery recovery, wanting to fix/maintain a bike properly, but where to start?

Since I just got surgery, I'm taking 3-4 weeks off for recovery and I can't do any physical activity or anything that makes me sweat. I don't want to spend my time on just watching TV or playing video games all days, but rather learn how to repair/maintain a dirtbike, a two-stroke in particular.

I don't know many things about the 2T bikes like: How to jet (Main pilot, needles, etc.), splitting the cases, taking the whole engine apart and putting back into one piece without getting lost, replacing the piston, doing the dirt works, etc.

Where can I start learning to maintaining/fixing a 2T bike properly? Using a manual??

I don't wanna spend all day home playing video games. I wanna know a thing or two on fixing my own bikes when I'm done with the surgery recovery and it would be cool to impress my dad when fixing my own bike! So any fast route on learning? Thanks! :banana:

get urself a service manual and have fun :banana:

Would any 2T service manual be similar in fixing all the 2T bikes, but the parts wouldn't be in that exact place due to the model/years?

Of course I'll be getting the manual on my specific bike as I want to know where the parts are, but I'm wondering when fixing the 2T bike following the manual, would it be similar to fixing other 2T bikes?

I'd like to take classes on fixing a 2T bike including general Suspension set-up, rebuilding a engine, etc., but books on it as I can't really go outside...

Any book recommendations? Thanks!

A manual will do wonders just reading it, I learnt a lot just reading my cyclepedia online manual, its great because its not all lingo and specs ect. (Untill you actually need them) And if you dont know exactly what one part is or what it does chances are there is a good colour picture to help you out.

Found a YZ125 Factory Owner's Service manual on Ebay. Guess I'll buy it and read it as it was a bible... Exciting. :banana:

Any other books recommendation for learning to maintain/fix a 2T bike properly? I wanna come out of the house within a month all ready to fix my own bike and any other 2T bikes with ease.

Oh yeah... from nothing to bike Mechanic in a month!! :eek: