Guts comfort seat?

If anyone has this seat on their KTM can you post up a few pics. I ride a XC-W 530 and NEED to put another seat on for longer dual sport rides, but am not sure I want to go with a wider configuration or keep the slender seat and just get some softer foam. Pics from the top and side profile would be helpful. Does anyone know how much wider than stock this seat is and how much it hangs over near the back? I did a search and came up with very few pics. Thanks

I put a Guts tall/soft compitition seat on my Berg, very comfy and no wider than stock.

I have an EE tall/soft on my KTM, a little wider than stock and too soft for my tastes.

Berg w/guts..

berg1.jpg

One drawback for the EE seat is the rear mounting point- the aluminum part that secures the seat has a habit of breaking loose from the seat pan.

This happend right in the middle of a turn, abruptly putting me on my butt..

eebreak.jpg

Edited by humbug

I have had the EE and now have a GUTS. The EE is wider at the base, but keeps the taper to the top so it is beeter for short legs to reach the ground. The guts is about the same to me for softness and has a wider, flatter top than the EE. I got monkey butt with both so it doesnt eliminate the issue, just takes longer to get to that point.

I like the EE tall soft seat a lot better than the Guts for comfort, but I think the Guts looks better. In fact, I think the Guts looks even better than the stock seat.

I don't have any pictures of it right now, but it's no wider or longer than the stock seat because it uses the stock pan. If anything, it's just a little flatter on top.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a GUTS comfort on my 450, I'm very happy with it......so's my butt. :bonk:

I just got back from a 150mile RT up in crown king and my tailbone is numb. I think I'm gonna go with a comfort seat for dual sporting and on of their competition seats in Soft foam for regular riding. I have an extra seat pan so I'm all set. Only problem is shoulf I go with the Tall soft, or reglular soft. I'm 5'10" and can just reach the ground on my 530 now. I don't want to go up much more. how much will the tall soft compress?

• 4 weeks later...

Got a guts comfort, too soft for my taste. Went on an 80 mile loop up near Payson AZ to try it out. Felt great when we started out, but after about 40 miles I kind of lost the feel for it. Almost too soft for the way i ride. I will admit though I was in better shape than my buddies when we were done. I just switched it out for a Guts comfort seat but with the meduim foam. Much better. Exactly what I was looking for.

Edited by Atcr1

Got a guts comfort, too soft for my taste. Went on an 80 mile loop up near Payson AZ to try it out. Felt great when we started out, but after about 40 miles it started to get uncomfortable. Almost too soft. I will admit though I was in better shape than my buddies when we were done. I just switched it out for a Guts comfort seat but with the meduim foam. Much better. Exactly what I was looking for.

Wanna sell the Guts soft comfort?? It's just the foam, right? Did you feel you were hitting the seat base because of the softness?

Wanna sell the Guts soft comfort?? It's just the foam, right? Did you feel you were hitting the seat base because of the softness?

Actually I am selling it on e-bay. I'm selling the whole seat, pan, foam and cover. It is completley assembled with only 1 ride on it. And no you can't feel the seat pan, at least I can't and I'm about 195 lbs with gear. if you were over 220 you might. It is super comfy if you do a lot of sit down riding. The soft just didn't fit my riding style, but in no way should reflect negatively on the seat cause it is really plush. Here is the item # if you want to check it out. 220674556294 If your interested I'll let it go for $100 plus $15 for shipping to anyone on this forum. Just let me know ASAP and I'll remove it from e-bay and we can just use paypal.

Edited by Atcr1

x400Racer,

I just got the seat recovered yesterday with your foam and seat cover. Looks really good so far. Way flatter than either the EE or Guts I have. I hope to get out and put some miles on it this week.