anyone using the Clarke Manufacturing 3.1 gal. gas tank?

Hey, I am back on Orange after the last six years on Green (fully modified KLX300). Do you have to use the EXC seat with the Clarke tank on a 450 MXC? Anyone using this tank, is it skinny? Can you slide up on the seat? The big MXC tank is wide, and my knees are banging the tank where is flares out around the radiators. Shorter riders don't seem to have this problem.

I use one on my 520 E/XC. I like it because I dual-sport et cetera. Honestly, I don't feel like it lets me scoot up as far as I would like. Originally, I was using the stock seat but later, switched to the GUTS seat because it is softer. I think next time I race, I will switch back to the stock tank to see how it works in comparison. Otherwise, I like the Clark tank for the extended mileage. ?

You do not need a new seat for your bike. Your 03 MXC seat is the same as an 02 EXC seat. My buddy ran the Clarke tank on his 02 400EXC last season and he did find it a bit thicker than the stock EXC tank, I would think that it would be worlds better than the ocean tanker sized tank that comes on the MXC.