Pro Circuit Works Pipe

I'm interested in getting a PC Works pipe for my 03 KX250, I believe this will be a good decision for performance with my bike along with a Factory 304 silencer....I think the added top end from this setup along with a 265 big bore (adding to the bottom end) and an overall broadened powerband port job...tell me what you think about it....I also plan on adding a boyessen rad valve...

As for the Works pipe....I know it's a bare metal finish and is prone to rusting...can I powdercoat it clear to make sure it keeps a clean look? I know the platinum pipe is a coated works pipe, but I don't like the look of the platinum pipe and I'm diggin the look of the works...

Thanks for you assistance!

With that pipe you will lose all your bottom end. The only time I used that pipe was for MX races on the beach. If you clean it and wipe it down with WD-40 (or something) after every ride the Works 'look' will last quite a while. Once you hit it with an abrasive it will rust. Look for a clear exhaust coating, not powder coat.
It will rust from the drool when you pull it from the box and even more from your tears and sweat just keeping it looking good. :banana:

Go with the platinum pipe!

well shit... i really dont want a chrome pipe...and i figured that the top end pipe will go well with the bottom end port job and big bore..... as far as rusting goes...ill find a way from keeping it from doing that, but the performance side worries me..... please tell me if im wrong in thinking that a bottom end port job along with the 265 will make the works pipe fine

Not sure how it would work with your mods but on my stock bore 03 I lost almost all of the low end gained a big midrange hit and not much more topend. I took it off and switched to a Gnarly. My 04 KX250 has a Enduro Engineering pipe on it that is powdercoated black and it has held up ok.