2004 CRF450R engine noise - normal?

I have a 04 450R. When I am riding it a speed I have had two other riders tell me my engine is making all kinds of racket. I can't hear it because of the exhaust noise. When it is idling I can hear something that I just assumed was normal valve train noise. The bike runs fine and I have changed both oils after every other ride. Should I be concerned?

any time an engine is "making all kinds of racket" you should be concerned. The problem is hoping that someone looking at a thread with the most basic description on a computer screen, potentially thousands of miles away can tell you exactly what it is..

are you sure it is even the motor? could just be the chain slapping the swing arm guide.

I do have a Rekluse clutch in it. I have heard they have had some issues with some of their clutchs squealling. They recomend Rottella but I just have alot of confidence in that oil. I used it once and the oil came out grey when I changed it.

do a "Search" on Rotella oil- many threads. Im guessing OVER HALF the riders (myself included) use it, and have used it for years.