SIDI Crossfire - Break-in??

I just got my new size 10 SIDI Crossfire boots to replace trashed size 10 Alpinestar Tech 10's. . . . The SIDI's look amazing but feel narrow compaired to the Alpinestars. I'm guessing they just need to be broke in and will be great after a few rides but am concerned that if they dont strech a little I wont be able to return them in used condition. I'm thinking of returning them for a 1/2 size biggerbut the lenght seems fine. . . . . Anyone have any experiance breaking these boots in?

don't think SIDI runs in 1/2 size incriments, only 8.5, 9.5,10.5 etc. but not 8-8.5-9-9.5-10-10.5.. . Euro sizes are in 1/2 us sizes i think. 41 = 7.5, 42=8.5 and so on.

I have the crossfire boots, amazing. However they do run narrow but works fine as my foot ain't wide to begin with. try loosening the lowest buckle, but chances are they won't widen just with wear. THe hinge design allows for a near instant break in compared to conventional boots that are 1 piece and have to break in or the ankle won't bend.

I just spoke to a rep at Motosport and he confirmed that the SIDI boots do run narrow. He said they get a lot of complaints. I asked about going up a size but according to him the 11's will be longer but not noticably wider. I guess I'll get another pair of A-Star Tech 10's . . . Damn, the SIDI's looked like a hell of a boot too.

Any other recomendations on a high end boot?

I just spoke to a rep at Motosport and he confirmed that the SIDI boots do run narrow. He said they get a lot of complaints. I asked about going up a size but according to him the 11's will be longer but not noticably wider. I guess I'll get another pair of A-Star Tech 10's . . . Damn, the SIDI's looked like a hell of a boot too.

Any other recomendations on a high end boot?

Get Gaerne SG12's over the Tech 10s anyday. Everyone i know that went from tech 10s to Sg12's will never look back.

Like I was saying I purchased the SIDI's from Motosport but although they looked like a great boot they were too narrow for my foot. . . . . I sent them back and got a pair of Gaerne SG12's instead. The SG12's are great, the fit is perfect and they are as comfortable as my retired Tech 10's. I rode a couple hours with them over the weekend and they took no break-in or getting used to. . . . I'm very happy with the purchase and would reccomend them.

BTW, kudo's to Motorsport for quickly exchanging and crediting on the return.