why do i need this fancy plug

should have the top and bottom done here in a few hours on my 95kx100.

it calls for this plug: R6254K-105

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/part_finder/motorcycles/partcloseup.asp?stocknumber=4076&partnumber=R6254K-105%20*

why cant i use a brxxx style plug. i hear the br9eg crosses over as the next hottest plug without the goofy tip. its a $15 plug, i like my br's, anyone? the guys at the dealership and my past experience tell me i can run whatever i want really and the engine will still run. but kawi didnt spend the extra money on these plugs for no reason.

You can use the BR's and I would too. I have been told that those plugs have less chance of the electrode breaking off from vibration and that is why they were used but I don't know for sure. I have not had a problem with breaking the electrode off.

Ed

well it is a 100, soo its going to need a bang to burn the fuel. I run the BRX iridium BS watev they are called plugs. I think they are awesome! I dont see what you couldnt run one except for maybe a tight clearance??? IDK to me it just sounds like a thing the japs spec'ed beacause they could

The design of the side electrode on that plug serves two purposes. It is supposedly less likely to break from harmonic resonance (never heard of that problem except in rare instances on certain RM125s), and it is claimed to have less shrouding effect. I would rather run an extended tip plug myself as they are less prone to deposit build-up.

You can run a standard BRxxx just fine.

You old, forgetful / didn't pay attention months ago, kind of guys. :banana:

He mentioned months back that she was more of a casual rider.

You can get his and her plugs. :eek:

i was suprised you remembered. yea shes only gotten on the pipe a few times, and it was funny when she did