Newbie Onboard

Just found this board and looks great.

I just got back into motorcycles. Started as a kid with a CR 80 then moved up to a RM 125. Sold it and that was 20 years ago.

Got my daughter a XR 80 for Xmas and she needed a riding buddy. Being the kid that I am I went out and bought a TT-R 225. Now she has a play mate.

Got some newbie questions on the TT-R 225. I know it is nothing more than a trail bike. The suspension is weak and so is first gear. I just ordered a lower front sprocket. Is there any upgrades that are worth it that I can do to this bike? I know FMF has the pipe but is my torque gain worth that 249.00 price tag? What about suspension upgrades? I bottom out on 4 and 5 foot jumps and I am not a lard ass either.

Glad to be here and thanks in advance for any answers to my questions. 🙂

• 1 year later...

New to the sight my self. Idid find a placecalled cannonracecraft.com thatis suppose to be able to help out with a heavier suspenssion. Alot of companies make aftermarket pipes for the 225 now fmf,big gun,whitebrothers,and procircuit. There all prettyclose in price.

New to the sight my self. Idid find a placecalled cannonracecraft.com thatis suppose to be able to help out with a heavier suspenssion. Alot of companies make aftermarket pipes for the 225 now fmf,big gun,whitebrothers,and procircuit. There all prettyclose in price.

yup but that is about it,hardly anyone makes after market parts for the ttr225,Hell even Yamaha stoped making the damn things..

IMHO....this 260Lb beast wasn't made to jump, it likes to fall like a bolder! if your hitting 4-5 feet your doing good! I'm working ona custom mod to switch out the front toothpick forks to real ones, its the swingarm that seems to be the problem. The pipes won't give you that much more power but it will make it louder. At this time, unless other mods are forthcoming, the price of the pipe is not justified.