2006 crf250x problems?

My 2006 250x has over 100 hours on it with no issues. My brothers 2005 250x has over 500 hours on it and just recently had the top end done for the first time. Unless you describe what you mean by "went out" specifically and technically there isn't much to say.

I was told from a mechanic that you shouldnt buy an 06. Then he reccomended me to his friends 06, and I said " you said not to buy an 06." His reply was " Dont buy one unless i have worked on it." So i bought it, and it had body damage that was covered by guards and what not. No motor problems yet, beside on one ride i was sputtering and spitting, but later found out that it was gas, so I drained it, and it ran like it should most likely run.

I was told from a mechanic that you shouldnt buy an 06. Then he reccomended me to his friends 06, and I said " you said not to buy an 06." His reply was " Dont buy one unless i have worked on it." So i bought it, and it had body damage that was covered by guards and what not. No motor problems yet, beside on one ride i was sputtering and spitting, but later found out that it was gas, so I drained it, and it ran like it should most likely run.

I cant resist

CoolStoryBro.jpg

I rode my 06 250x for like three and a half years before i had any problems, no idea how many hours it was, but it was a lot and all that i had to do was basically re-build the head, new valves and seals. And i am just now having to put a set of rings in. I bought it new in 07.