DR350 sputtering...

Hey all.. I have a 92 DR350 that does not want to idle.. I have had the carb off a bunch of times to clean it... I know that the pilot circuit, if clogged, would cause this as well as a hard start but I am 100% positive that it is clean and clear... anything else causing this? I have noticed that the fuel line will only fill up when the bike is running... I have changed out the petcock to resolve the overflow gas issue as well as have the extra line from the old petcock plugged... I would really appreciate any help or thoughts.. I am trying to get rid of this bike and it REALLY depreciates the value if it dies not idle.....

Is it running lean or rich? Does it run OK off idle? Does it idle OK with choke?

Did you check float height? It won't run well at all if that's not right. Use a clear tube connected to the float bowl drain and check the float level. With the bike level and the float drain screw open, the fuel level should be at the seam in the carb bowl.

Did you clean the choke circuit? Unscrew the enrichener plunger and spray carb cleaner in there. It should come out through the choke "jet" in the float bowl.

Is the mixture screw set properly? There are also a couple of vents on the air filter side of the carb that must be clean.

Have you checked for leaks on the cylinder side? Any leaks there will cause a lean mixture.

ok.. I got it.. aparrently the spring did not want to go into the seat all the way so when I thought the air screw was fully in.. it was not.. must have been 6 to 7 turns out..

bike started right up, idled and ran great! Just in time for the buyer to check it out!!

It started right up for him and purred like a kitten..

Thanks for the help all..