Locked Up?????

What the hell, rebuilt bottom and top end two weeks ago. Checked fluids after initial ride and found damaged r/s seal, So i replaced that with OEM seal. Rode about 2 hours on new seal and motor locked up (at idle) So tear it down today, once the primary gears, clutch basket etc came out it all freed up??? Notice the seal had some damage to it, the interior seal spring was kinked a little but not like what I would expect from a lock up???? The crank oil was still beautiful and clear. trans fluid was still nice and red!

Any suggestions??????

Even at an idle, it takes a lot to lock up that engine. No sign of anything in that side case? Something had to bind it up and since it didn't start after that, whatever was in there should still be in there. Unless you dropped a valve or something was in the cylinder? Pretty wierd it just freed up. I'd keep looking until you find something. It happened for some reason.

Even at an idle, it takes a lot to lock up that engine. No sign of anything in that side case? Something had to bind it up and since it didn't start after that, whatever was in there should still be in there. Unless you dropped a valve or something was in the cylinder? Pretty wierd it just freed up. I'd keep looking until you find something. It happened for some reason.

I agree 100% with you, No top end came off as soon as I saw there was no brass in oil filter, I guess i keep going!

You have to find it or it will find you!

unbelievable ---:banana::bonk: forgot to lock tight the two bearing retainer screws back in place. So as it backed out it finally caught part of the crank shaft side cut outs. Cracked that case back open used lock tight this time. :eek:

unbelievable ---:banana::bonk: forgot to lock tight the two bearing retainer screws back in place. So as it backed out it finally caught part of the crank shaft side cut outs. Cracked that case back open used lock tight this time. :eek:

Big 10-4 on the loctite and use the red! Don't chance any other color.