2001 TE570 oil filter

Hi.

Thought I should clean the oil filter on the 570 before adding new oil, and I unscrewed the banjo coupling and the lid to which it connects. I was under the impression that there is supposed to be two wire mesh filters in there, but on mine there is nothing...:banana:

I can see a fine wire mesh around the outer edge of the hole, but there is nothing in there to take out and clean. Wonder if the previous owner have just not bothered putting tem back in..

Would it be a big no no to ride the bike without the filter till I can get new ones? I have of course been driving it a couple of hours without already.

Steinar.

yes the filter should be in there..!!

I used bent nosed pliers to hook mine , and pull it out. 1996 410

are you SURE it's not in there ..?? maybe just REALLY dirty.

I would NOT run it without the filter,

there is not much protection on these motors.

I'm assuming that the bike still has RAL ( Reedvalve Activated Lubrication)

the last left kickers apparently had a oil pump ,

maybe study the exploded views at Halls / the czech site.

good luck,

Charlie

Hi Charlie, and thank you for the input.

I tried to look in the hole, but could not see anything but an extremely fine wire mesh in the outer perimeter of the hole, but it could not be removed. Had to be careful not to punch a hole in it.

I have been looking at some drawings online, but can not find the two filters in the hole in the bike.

Steinar.

Should have two mesh screens, the magnetic one inside the other, my 2000 does. I slide in a fat screw driver or nut driver and then gently pull it out putting pressure on the sides. Allways worked for me. The older models are similar, but have a smaller diameter sinlge screen with a magnet on the end.

Go to page 27 on this diagram.

https://www.halls-cycles.com/Catalog/PDF/Husqvarna%20.PDFs/1998-2004/2001/01_400-570.pdf

Thanks a lot HuskyFatman.

The previous owner must have just not bothered putting them back in there. I tell you. I can stick my finger way into that hole, and there is nothing there..

But I am a little sceptical to drive it without the filters. Do you think it would be ok to run it just a little.. 1-2 hours between oil changes??

I have the bike at my cottage, and only run it about 2-3 hours a year. Mostly on dirt roads. Not race or heavy conditions.

Steinar.

I'm no expert but I wouldn't run my bike without the screens. The magnet usually gets a slight but fair amount of metal on it. I would order them from Halls or Motoxotica ASAP! These things don't hold much oil, and the key to longevity is changing it often and usuing quality oil.