80/85 delima

Okay so a few months ago my boy bought a 03 yz85 and it had been dissembled motor and all he got a couple set of tires and rims, bars, almost another hole bike minus the frame and suspension. So he has been saving his money and buying bits and pieces for the motor here and there. I have been wating till he got most of it to start assembly. So today when he got his pistion kit I was eyeing the piston and I tried to put it in the cylinder and found it to be too big. So I ran the numbers in the side of the cylinder and found out it was a cylinder for a yz 80. Y-1 4es10 83cm3 are the numbers on the side. I know the frame is an 03 so it looks like all the extra parts including the engine cam from a yz 80. So my delima starts. Since he has the complete bottom end and top end kits plus carb cdi, coil and frame all for a 85. Do i buy a blown up 85 motor or can I bore this cylinder out to fit standard 85 bore and will the bottom end kit for the 85 fit the 80. Also will the 80 motor fit in the 85 frame? help as he is all tore up now for all the money he has dumped into this bike.

I`m not very familiar with the Yamaha 80/85, but my kids Honda is an 85 with an 80 cylinder. The five cc`s doesn`t make any difference to him. Look at a few parts fisches and check some part numbers. Also check out some pictures of the 80 and 85 and I`d bet like the Honda they are the same motor with only a larger bore. If thats the case, can you exchange the piston for an 80 and save machine work costs?