12 days till Taylor Park Colorado

WHOO HOO!!!! gettin the 2008 KlX (bought last fall and only have ridden 20 miles on it)ready to go. Installed a 3.3 gal. Acebis clear tank,some Devol rad. guards,got the oil changed,and air filter cleaned and oiled. this weekend will be the rejet and change the anti freeze to the good stuff(not engine ice,but the same kind of stuff,just can't remember the name,it is orange though).Just bought a new Tachyon XC Micro helmet cam for the trip too. It will be on all the way to the top of American Flag Mountain(13000 feet). stay tuned for pics and video. + it takes way less beer to catch a buzz around the ol'e campfire at 9500 feet!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dirttracker.

I just got back from Taylor Park yesterday. We rode mostly the Spring Creek area. Been riding up at Taylor for 27 years now...Awesome place. Anyway, My brother also just bought a 2008 KLX 450 and it ran like crap. It would cut out big time going up the trails. Full throttle was great and idle was great. He installed a JD jetting kit with a FMF slip on. I thought it was the needle, so we raised the clip to 2nd from the top. No change.

So it's got to be the pilot right ?? What size pilot are you running in yours ?? It felt like it was running out of fuel at that slower speed. He has an adjustible air/fuel screw and adjusting it did not help either. Anyway, If yours ran great, could you please tell me how you set up your carb for the high altitude. thanks

SkinnyBOB , I see that you own a 2010 FJR 1300!! I've got a 2006 FJR(the 35th into the US that year when they were special order only) Awesome Bikes.I just did Yellowstone to Glacier and back to Iowa City IA in 5 days on mine. last day was 976 miles .not quite the 1000, but close enough ,that I don't need to do that for a while again !!

Edited by dirttracker_30
forgot a word

SkinnyBOB , I see that you own a 2010 FJR 1300!! I've got a 2006 FJR(the 35th into the US that year when they were special order only) Awesome Bikes.I just did Yellowstone to Glacier and back to Iowa City IA in 5 days on mine. last day was 976 miles .not quite the 1000, but close enough ,that I don't need to do that for a while again !!

Great bike, at the end of july i rode out to cali, and oregon, rode 3301 miles in six days, first bike that i've had that i could actually ride that far and still walk and move afterwards.:bonk: