lighting problem

I replaced my stock headlight with a BAJA Designs.. I have a full BAJA kit on the bike...

problem is the headlight is so dull.. I could use a lighter to see brighter..

I like to play at night but this is impossible..

Any Ideas on why?? Stator? Wiring>

I put a brand new battery in it to'

Help please!!

Do you mean you did install a higher wattage headlight without rewinding the stator? or the full Baja kit includes a new higher wattage stator or rewinding service?.

Do you mean you did install a higher wattage headlight without rewinding the stator? or the full Baja kit includes a new higher wattage stator or rewinding service?.

I bought the bike with the baja kit installed, but not the headlight. It was stock. So I bought the BAJA headlight to get a DOT approved light so I can go to inspection in NJ to keep it street legal.

I do not know if the stator was rewound or replaced. Is this the possible problem?:banana:

If your BD setup has anything higher than a 35W buld, your stock stator probably doesnt have enough juice. That is assuming the BD kit runs the same electrical circuit as the stock KLX, the headlight is off the AC side of the regulator and the rest of the system runs off the DC side. A higher output stator would be needed for a higher wattage bulb. Or ditch the headlight and run some high power 10W LEDs from cyclops.

ok I have a BD setup stator and R/R . You need to run power from your battery and put it on a switch to the light. The stock plug just bearly lights the stock light after the stator install, I run my 9" HID from my battery.

That is if you do have a stator rewind and rectifier/regulator. Look your the Baja designs rectifier/regulator where your stock should. behind the left number plate.